Why book the Cusco and Machu Picchu Tour 4 Days?
- Get to know the Basilica of the Cathedral and the Qoricancha on the City Tour.
- Enjoy the flavors of Peruvian gastronomy in the Sacred Valley.
- Experience thrills in the modern world wonder of Machu Picchu.
- Enjoy the magical train journey in its various classes.
- Capture the best shots from the House of the Guardian.
- Discover the mystery behind the Intihuatana.
- Fall in love with the Inca culture with its living history.
Day 1: City Tour
Reception at Terrestrial Terminal or Airport / Transfer to the hotel.
The City Tour lasts approximately 4 hours, as a first visit you will have:
- Qoricancha: also called the Temple of the Sun, it was a place that in the past served as the headquarters for the ceremonies and studies of Astronomy and mathematics of the Inca people. Tour that covers architecture, history and art, where you can see a little more of the interesting Inca culture that was so rich and sufficient.
- Sacsayhuaman: the ruins of the fortress of Sacsayhuaman have Inca walls that some stones weigh more than 100 tons. The most important measures are 7 meters high and weigh 128 tons. The ancient city of Qosq’o was shaped like a puma, whose head was Sacsayhuaman.
- Q’enqo: Kenqo was possibly used by the Incas as a worship center, the passageways that resemble a labyrinth have on their flanks several channels in the form of “Amarus” (snakes) through which the blood of the animal sacrifices flowed, generally they were the most beautiful and unique, perhaps that was the reason why black animals were the chosen ones.
- Puca Pucara: Pukapukara is a Quechua word that means «red fortress» because the sunset changes the color of the rocks to red. Traditional information indicates that, when the Inca was about to visit the Baths of Tambomachay, the formidable procession of soldiers, dancers and others stayed in Pukapukara, which was a barracks and tambo (resting place).
- Tambomachay: Tradition knows this monument as «The Bath of the Ñusta» due to the existence of two aqueducts that carry crystal clear water all year round. It is an unmissable destination, where the Inca and his entourage came to relax, it is not far from the city of Cusco.
Day 2: Sacred Valley Tour
The day begins with the pick up from your respective hotel at the indicated time. Approximately the tour starts at 09:00 am and the first view of the sacred valley will be Corao and the first visit will be:
- Pisaq: The Pisaq National Archaeological Park is made up of groups of archaeological remains, among which are platforms, aqueducts, paths associated with walls and doorways, canalized water channels, cemeteries, bridges, etc.
- Pisaq Market: Picturesque town of cobbled streets full of adobe houses and local people dressed in traditional costumes, at whose altitude lie the Inca remains of the archaeological site of Pisaq.
Continuing our tour, we will pass through several small towns on the way to Urubamba at noon we will stop for a delicious buffet lunch.
After lunch we will continue with our visit.
- Ollantaytambo: Built on the original Inca foundations, the city is one of the best examples of Inca urban planning. It is located at the foot of the Inca Fortress of Ollantaytambo, one of the largest and best preserved Inca constructions, considered the only Inca fortress that resisted the Spanish attack. Ollantaytambo is also known for an Inca plot drama titled «Ollantay», whose protagonist was General Ollanta; In this literary work the actions take place in this place.
Upon our return to the city of Cusco as our last visit will be:
Finally we will go to the Ollantaytambo station, 30 minutes before your train ticket time to then board and in approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes arrive at Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes), where there will be a staff waiting for you who will take you To your respective hotel and already settled, the guide will come to give directions for the next day.
Day 3: Macchu Picchu
At the time indicated the night before by the guide, then we will go up in a zigzag way to the citadel of Machu Picchu that will last approximately 40 minutes by bus. We will continue with the guided excursion that will last approximately 3 hours.
During the tour you will visit the most important enclosures: the main square, the circular tower, the sacred solar clock, the royal rooms, the temple of the three windows and the cemeteries. The historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu is known as «THE LOST CITY OF THE INCAS». At the end of the tour of the citadel, you can optionally trek to the mountain of Huaynapicchu where it will take 2 hours of walking and you can observe and enjoy the landscape (the visit is without a guide).
Then we will go down by bus to Aguas Calientes and in the afternoon we will take the train back to Ollantaytambo, where our staff will be waiting for you at the Ollantaytambo station, to transport you by bus to the city of Cusco.
The end of your transportation will be in Plaza San Francisco.
Day 4: Transfer From The Hotel To The Airport.
At a coordinated time, before your flight schedule, the respective transfer to the Airport or Terrestrial Terminal from your hotel will be scheduled.
End of Cusco and Machu Picchu Tour 4 Days.
- All transfers to hotels, airports, stations and attractions.
- Tours to Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Cusco City and surroundings.
- All transportation for the tours.
- Roundtrip train tickets Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo.
- Bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Bus tickets up and down Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Professional tour guide in English or Spanish.
- Entrance fees to all the attractions to visit Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley, City and surroundings, Churches and museums.
- Transfer in all offices.
- 2 hotel nights in Cusco.
- 1 hotel night in Aguas Calientes.
- 3 buffet breakfasts in the hotels, 1 a la carte lunch in Machupicchu, 1 buffet lunch in the Valley.
- Air tickets, from Lima -Cusco – Lima
- CHILDREN: From 0 to 3 years old, do not pay (except entrance fees, if applicable). They share a seat and service with parents and / or accompanying adults. From 4 years old, they pay full rate.
- Service is provided in Shared Mode (with more passengers in the group).
- The tours and activities carried out by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Service is subject to change without prior notice, due to weather issues (rains, mudslides, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the reasons indicated, does not apply refund.
- In this case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to guarantee the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service as a whole.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, there is no refund.
- If you bring or buy snacks during the tours, preferably light ones (dried fruits, cookies and water).
- If you do not attend the day of the service, it will be considered as «Done» with no place for Claims, Postponements or Returns.
What to bring for the Cusco and Machu Picchu Tour 4 Days?
- Small backpack, rain poncho (January and February – rainy season), warm clothes for the night.
- Canteen with water, sunscreen, sunglasses.
- Cash (additional purchases), camera, snacks.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When is the best time to visit Machu Picchu?
The best time for your vacations in Machupicchu is between April and October, they are the months of high season where the limit of tourists exceeds the limits because it is precisely the dry period, however this does not guarantee that there will not be the occasional isolated rain. During this season there are fewer clouds and you can enjoy the tour much more in the area.
The climate in Machu Picchu is hot and humid, with an average annual temperature with minimums of 12º and maximums of 24º, so to visit this Inca settlement it will be very important to always wear a coat.
Is it necessary to make the reservation months before?
The reservation is made depending on which season you travel, normally it is necessary to reserve during the high seasons such as in the months of June to September, we recommend that you reserve your space as soon as possible if you travel in those months that is the high season your reservation is to guarantee your tourist spaces.
Are air tickets included in the tour?
The tours we offer do NOT include the air ticket, but if you want this service we can also include it in your tour package to Machu Picchu
Are the tickets for Machu Picchu included?
Our travel packages to Machu Picchu DOES INCLUDE the tickets to Machu Picchu this is valid for all tours from 1 day to personalized tours of 20 days.
Important: If the passenger wishes to enter the mountain of Huayna Picchu, he must coordinate with the company to see if it has available places, the tickets for said mountain are quite limited, only 400 people are allowed daily and they are only available in certain Seasons of the year.
Do you pay the same price for children?
The prices published on our website are for adults (over 18 years old), children over 5 years old pay between 5 and 10% less than the general cost and children under 5 years old do not pay.
Note: Quotes made for school promotions or groups larger than 15 people have another type of discount.
For what dates are the tour packages scheduled?
We have daily departures for any day of the year.
What is the payment method to be able to reserve?
We have several payment methods. Bank Transfer, Paypal, Payments through our Visa Online system.